Friday, July 16, 2010

Rental car theft. The car was recovered one day after. Should the rental car call me to their place ?

Should the rental car call me to their place to show me tha damages of the car or even made a phone call that the car was found and should they give an on the spot estimate or call me on the phone or mailed me a letter regarding the damage of a stolen car? I rented a car the loss of one day i asked my visa insurance to pay it its 56$. SO i told the rental to deal with them abt the 56$. What happened I did not know that they were askin my insurance damages for the car I rented w/c is 545$. I did not receive a letter dat there were damages. Is this acceptable? 4 months after the recovery of the car they sent me a letter stating that my visa did not pay the 545$ and I should pay it. They also sent me a quotation of their company but not the quotation of the vendor were they said they bought the parts. There was is Wheel kit that cost 310. What was that ? Do i have to question them about this and ask them for police report of the damages when the car was found?Rental car theft. The car was recovered one day after. Should the rental car call me to their place ?
When you rent a vehicle, you sign a contract that gives you certain rights and responsibilities. Yo agree to bring the car back at or before a certain time, in the same basic condition as you rented it (no additional damage). Many rental car companies offer damage wavers at an additional charge. If you chose not to pay that, you are agreeing to take full responsibility for any and all costs. You most likely can be held liable for ';loss of use'; also, which means that while the car is being repaired, you have to pay rent on it, because they are not able to rent it to someone else!





You may have coverage under a credit card, or under your personal car insurance policy, but this does not mean that the car rental company must deal with either of them. You should pay the repairs, and file claims for reimbursement with any other coverage you have.





Pay the bill. They will sue you and you will lose. You will then have to pay the legal expenses too.Rental car theft. The car was recovered one day after. Should the rental car call me to their place ?
again- you will absolutely be responsible.





When you signed the contract with them you stated that you would pay for any damages that happened to the car until the car was safely back in their hands. Well, the car was damaged.. and now you owe.





I guarantee that they have documents and pictures to back up their claim for damage and they will likely let you take a look at it. But you dont have many rights beyond that... they are a big car company.. they arent trying to rip you off.. they just want their rental back in preloss condition.





It doesnt matter that they took 4 months to notify you.. that doesnt affect anything. It probably took them that long to get it fixed... get all the receipts.. submit it to visa.. have it get denied.. and then call you.





Sorry charlie.. you didnt pay for the coverages.. you owe this. Pay it timely or you can expect collections companies to call you and your credit to be affected.
i think you should call visa and see why they did not cover it...if they did not want to pay for it there might be a valid reason. find out why....

No comments:

Post a Comment