Friday, July 16, 2010

Can I get a rental car even though I'm 18?

I know Im not able to rent one. But is it possible for my mom to rent it on her credit card then I could pick it up?


I plan on taking a trip to Boulder, CO.Can I get a rental car even though I'm 18?
With few exceptions, Alamo, Avis, Hertz and National require all drivers to be 25 or older. Budget, Dollar, Enterprise and Thrifty rent to drivers over 21, but penalize underage drivers with a daily surcharge. Some even restrict the type of vehicle, making a luxury model or sport utility vehicle off-limits.Can I get a rental car even though I'm 18?
As long as you don't get caught driving it.. Then sure.
You have to be 25 to even drive one
you have to find some kind of closet car rental place if u know what i mean. MOST places will not rent a car to an 18 yr old. and to answer the second part of your question, no. The car rental place has to have the card holder there to pick up the car. and the card holder has to drive off the lot, but after there u can drive it but it will be illegal. i know from experience. i went to cali with my friend and NO ONE would rent us a car. we finally found one guy to do it and we had to get a compact car. Best thing to do is probably have ur mom rent it and pick it up then get it home and u take it from there. and just so you know, most places have mileage restrictions too....
you have to be 21 to even drive the rental cars to the high liability of younger drivers nowadays

No comments:

Post a Comment