Saturday, July 10, 2010

If I visted Washington, DC later in life, could I drive my rental car near the White House?

how close could I get to seeing the white house and taking pictures, etc.?If I visted Washington, DC later in life, could I drive my rental car near the White House?
Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House is still closed to public traffic between 15th and 17th Street NW. The closest you can drive by on the north side of the White House is H Street NW, roughly two blocks away and above Lafayette Park.





The U.S. Treasury building and Eisenhower Executive Office Building would pretty much block your view of the White House from the east (15th Street NW) and west (17th Street NW).





You might have a better chance along the south side, The Ellipse, but often it is also blocked to through traffic.If I visted Washington, DC later in life, could I drive my rental car near the White House?
Sure, you can drive on Pennsylvania ave
Fairly sure they open Pennsylvania Ave again. So fairly close.
Pennsylvania Avenue is closed to traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment