Friday, July 16, 2010

My car got hit on the 23, not my fault, does the guilty party have to provide a rental car for me on Monday?

My car got hit on the 23 of December, made for a pretty weird holiday season, my question is: does the guilty party that hit me, does his insurance have to provide a rental tomorrow? I have been without a car for 4 days, and my insurance was only basic liability. Does his insurance have to reimburse me for the tow? Been a nightmare, anyone out there with a similar experince who has some answersMy car got hit on the 23, not my fault, does the guilty party have to provide a rental car for me on Monday?
If the other party is at fault, they will have to cover all your losses. This includes the repairs to your car, the towing, storage, and replacement transportation. Many insurance companies will not provide a rental car, you will have to rent one yourself and they be repaid in the final settlement.





Call the claims office and see if they are willing to provide a rental.My car got hit on the 23, not my fault, does the guilty party have to provide a rental car for me on Monday?
No they don't have to. You can rent one on your own and ask them to reimburse you . You may not be reimbursed though. It depends on their coverage. Have you thought about using your own insurance and letting them do this for you ? Check it out. Call your agent and get the details. Why do people always forget about using their own insurance ? Isn't this what we buy insurance for ?
It should and I took my drivng test December 23rd and failed. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment