Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buying a rental car from a car dealership?

I've noticed that many of the 2006/2007 models listed for sale on Edmunds.com were rentals that dealerships bought from car rental companies (eg Hertz). If the vehicle is a ';certified used car'; should I still be weary of buying since it was a rental?





ThanksBuying a rental car from a car dealership?
It depends on what type of vehicle you are looking at. My personal experience is that the vehicles from Hertz/Enterprise are maintained very well. If you are looking at a 2006/7, there will be plenty of manufacturer's warranty left, and the certification should add even more. Most certification programs do have very thorough inspections. If you trust the dealership or have previous experience with them, a certified ex-rental vehicle should be a good choice.


Ask the dealer to give you a copy of the certification report, a copy of the carfax report, and ask them to go around the car with a paint meter with you present.Buying a rental car from a car dealership?
I think they're okay unless you're a crybaby. A rental car is plenty good enough to drive, and they'll have plenty of good service left in them. For the money, they're a real bargain. But if you're the kind of person who swerves to avoid grass clippings, nothing but a new car will do.
don't do it. certified used anything is meaningless. i bought a ';GM certified'; used car from a chevy dealer. a while later it needed some work and the mechanic told me the stock part for the car wouldn't fit. turns out the differential came from a junk yard. I complained to GM and all the dealer said was that it passed the tests. its like buying a GM certified used corvette with a pick up truck engine. of course it will pass the tests but is it really a corvette anymore?





you'll be sorrrrrryyyyyy. I'm so happy that GM lost its number one position to toyota. they deserve to be losers.
I have 2 cars that were formerly rentals, a 2000 Stratus and a 2003 Grand Am. I bought them as low mileage used cars and they have been great.
';something driven that hard by that many people, you probably don't want to put your key in it'; - jeff foxworthy
Not necessarily, it depends on how well it was maintained and whether or not it was in a serious accident. Certified or not, you still want to have your mechanic look at it and evaluate it for any potential problems.
When me and my wife went on a vacation to vegas we rented a car there. I gave that lil toyota corolla hell. ozeki is right about GM certified that dont mean a thing. I bought a 2001 blazer with 18,000 miles on it and excatly 2 weeks later the alternater went out and they said my drivetrain warrenty doesnt cover that. After that it was all down hill and yes I babied that thing regular maintenace just like I've done with all my vehicles just had to cut loose on something that wasnt mine
Please Don't.


Buying a car from there is like getting a wife at a whore house.


Honestly, How do you drive a rental?
  • gold makeup
  • acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment