Friday, July 16, 2010

What are the pros and cons when buying insurance for a rental car?

There are 2 pros for buying this insurance. First of all, it avoids the hassle of filing a claim with your own insurance company if you are involved in an accident, and second, rental car companies will try to charge you for loss of use while the car is being repaired.


The cons are that it is probably the most expensive auto insurance coverage you can buy. It duplicates coverage that most companies give their insureds anyway. The loss of use charge is usually handled by your insurance company anyway.What are the pros and cons when buying insurance for a rental car?
Pro is that it is very easy to deal with incase of an accident or issue. The con is that it is expensive.





My personal auto insurance covers me when I drive a rental car so I do not usually get the extra insurance when I rent a car. The con??? If I get in an accident I have to pay for the damages and repairs- then I have to file with my auto insurance to get my money back or reimbursed. I am ok with that because I will get my money back from my insurance carrier. The con is having to deal with it.What are the pros and cons when buying insurance for a rental car?
pro, is that if you do something to the car it covers everything and con is if u dont do anything to the car then u waste a lot of money

No comments:

Post a Comment