Saturday, July 10, 2010

Is it fair or unfair that rental car companies do not allow people to rent under the age of 25? need websites!?

What are several websites that debate both sides of this debate?Is it fair or unfair that rental car companies do not allow people to rent under the age of 25? need websites!?
I believe they can rent to whoever they like, as long as the renter possesses a valid driver's license.





By the way, every major rental car company I've been to WILL rent to drivers under the age of 25. I heard this rumor myself when I was a young driver. It turns out that you just have to purchase supplementary insurance based upon the increased risk of damage to the vehicle, so it costs more to do so.





Even if this were true, I would say it's fair. Renting a car (and driving a rented car) is a privilege, not a right.Is it fair or unfair that rental car companies do not allow people to rent under the age of 25? need websites!?
I think is is fair and completely up to the company whether or not they will rent cars to persons under 25yoa. It is their cars at stake and they can make whatever rules they want. Once it becomes competition with other car rental places, rules change.





Maybe some of these websites will help...





http://news.carjunky.com/car_rentals/car鈥?/a>





http://www.autorentalguide.com/car-renta鈥?/a>





http://www.usatoday.com/travel/tips/2003鈥?/a>
I think it is completely unfair. I am under the age of 25 and am going on holiday to queensland and it has made it really hard having to get my friend to hire the car instead. I can understand the concern but still think it is unfair. It did work out for us in the end cause we are just going to hire an 8 seat and go half's.
fair? yes it is fair. They have made a business decision based on history showing that younger drivers are more likely to trash the car. The have decided that it makes better business sense to simply forego the business because they are likely to cost to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment