Friday, July 16, 2010

I was in a rental car and i got a speeding ticket by a state trooper, doing 80 in a 65?

he only ask me so show him proof if the car was in my name, will this go ticket i got go onto my insurance???I was in a rental car and i got a speeding ticket by a state trooper, doing 80 in a 65?
Trooper reports your license no matter which car you were driving.I was in a rental car and i got a speeding ticket by a state trooper, doing 80 in a 65?
if you took your license and the registration and gave you a ticket, then the ticket will be against your drivers license.





You will probably also get a point. I suggest you take it to court and fight it.
The car didn't speed by itsef, boyo! The ticket goes against your licence. Your insurance will find out at some point in time.
Traffic offenses are tied to your driver's license, not your car. If you pay the fine, your license and insurance can be affected.


I say fight the ticket, assuming you were local when this happened. The last time I fought a speeding ticket, I demanded a written affidavit (official accusation of the violation) from the cop, which is allowed under NY law. I never received the affidavit, and when my ';day in court'; came up, I advised the judge of this. He promptly dismissed the case, saving my license and my wallet from harm.
Yes, this will DEFINITELY affect your insurance.
If you are found guilty of this 15 over offense, and get points on your license as a result, your insurance will be aware of it at renewal time, which may affect your rates.
Yes. You should have gotten a copy of the citation. On it would be listed your driver's license number. Therefore it will go on your license for points. If you have points on your license, depending on the state, you will have a hearing before DOT when your points get to high. This could cause a suspension on your license. I do believe insurance companies periodically check your driving record to see if it is clean. If not up goes your rate.
The ticket will be issued under your drivers license number - most likely he needed that to write you the ticket. It is how you are identified in their system. Therefore, yes DMV will be notified, and when your premium renews, your agent will run your DMV check and most likely this ticket will show up. Since you were only going 15mph over the PSL - you maybe able to do traffic school - which will void the ticket (though you do have to pay the speeding fine).

No comments:

Post a Comment