Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I am entitled to a rental car?

It's been 2 weeks since my car accident. No police report yet but I was able to get their policy number. So here is the situation I was driving and a the other person over ran there stop, so I crashed into them so it was a T. My car was totalled. I only have liability insurance. Can I ask their insurance for a rental car?I am entitled to a rental car?
Liability has to be concluded before they will provide you with a rental vehicle. Also make sure that your car is not sitting in a tow yard accruing storage fees as they might not pay that if it takes several weeks to finish their liability investigation. I would call the claims rep to discuss.I am entitled to a rental car?
You will have to pay the costs up front and if it is determined that the other person was at fault they will reimburse you. If it was cut and dry the other person's fault they may agree to pay up front, but don't even have to do that. They will definately require the police report first.





save your reciepts
You can ask but don't hold your breath. It is usually your insurance that would provide the car. I doubt if they will consider any claim until they get a full police report anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment