Thursday, August 19, 2010

Which would be better, to buy a used rental car or a used fleet car? Both available at Carmax.?

I'm a fleet manager so I have a little more experience then most about fleet cars at least. It depends on where you get the car from. I have a smallish fleet (25 cars) so I can keep up with all the maintenance and repairs as soon as it's needed. My policy is to inspect them every week and have the drivers notify us about the problems they have if any. So if you buy a car from my fleet (which you can't) you will get a car in top shape. The problem is not all fleets have the same budget or management procedures and I would imagine it nearly impossible to tell how well the company treated their cars just by company name alone. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, you can find out where the car is from, by Car Fax maybe or does Car-max tell you? and contact fleet management.


I would say it's a bigger risk then a regular used car. It would be hard for me to trust a car from a fleet as well, unless it was from my own ;)Which would be better, to buy a used rental car or a used fleet car? Both available at Carmax.?
Probably not much difference. Fleet usually means a company car assigned to a salesman or executive. A rental would be used in a much different environment, but rental companies have to keep their cars in good shape or they'd go broke.





Personally, I'd avoid them both.Which would be better, to buy a used rental car or a used fleet car? Both available at Carmax.?
They have both been used commercially and by people who really don't care about them. They are pretty much equal, and frankly I wouldn't buy either of them.
Neither. I hat those old rental/fleet cars. Hunt down a certified used dealer for the brand of car you intend to buy. They at least will back it up with an decent warranty.
The rentals are usually taken better care of and used less.
Thats like comparing dating a hooker or marrying that slut you knew from high school. It's a lose lose situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment