Thursday, August 19, 2010

About whether to get a rental car insurance or not...?

I posted question earlier and got some advice. Thanks.





I called and talked to my credit card company and found out that they do have Collision only coverage on rental car thru my credit card.





Now, I am debating myself if this coverage is enough and no need to get additional insurance from the rental car place.





I am a safe driver and will be in rural place. I hate to put so much money charged into my account.





What do you think?





Thanks.About whether to get a rental car insurance or not...?
Your own auto insurance will cover whatever your credit card insurance won't. Don't waste the money on the additional insurance. I made the mistake of adding it on once %26amp; wish I hadn't. I found out later about my own auto insurance covering my rental car. Just tell the rental car agency a polite No, Thanks, when they offer the additional insurance. Do NOT let them try to talk you into it by saying that your auto insurance won't cover it (that's a common lie they love telling customers), you'll feel safer with it (another common lie to hook you into the insurance) or anything else. If they continue to pressure you, tell them you're leaving %26amp; will choose another agency to rent from. Walk briskly out the door, not looking back, even if they call out to you. A rental agency that pressures you into unnecessary add ons is a company you want to avoid renting from.





Best rental comanies are Enterprise, Hertz, Budget %26amp; Avis. I've rented with all 4 over my driving years %26amp; like them all. I end up going back to Enterprise though, since they are the nicest, hassle free AND went out of their way to remind me that the additional insurance wasn't necessary.About whether to get a rental car insurance or not...?
You're welcome %26amp; thanks for the best answer choice.

Report Abuse



ALWAYS GET RENTAL INSURANCE!





I work for an insurance company and they will try to find every way out of paying that they can. Plus, the rental company will get you for things as small as a dent. you never know what will happen, so just pay the extra 25 bucks and get the rental insurance!!!!!
Easy answer. Check with your insurance company because most companies have a clause that states that if you have any vehicle on your policy with Comp and Collision that coverage will carry over to a rental, therefore, you wouldn't need that coverage from your credit card.
You may be a safe drive but what about the people around you, get the insurance just in case.
If you do not purchase the insurance through the rental place and have an accident, your premium will go up. If you get the insurance with the car you can file a claim with them and the credit card company and not have to use your personal insurance and your premiums will not increase.
I have full coverage with my auto insurance plus have a Visa Signature card. Both provide me with Auto-Rental insurance and both recommend not to purchase the additional insurance offered from the rental agent. If you have enough insurance, save your money.
its worth getting i learned from experience that i should have gotten it i wound up having to pay 500 out of my pocket for some damage that occurred to one i rented and if i had gotten the insurance it would have payed for it but it ink you,ll be better off with it,there's an old saying ,,its better have it and not need i,,than it is to need it and not have it, ,,if i had went by that i would have been alright,but i think you should get it,you never know what might could happen to it,,good luck,i hope this help,s.
I carry full coverage insurance on my regular vehicles. We have rented numerous vehicles over the years and have never gotten the insurance. We have even driven 6 hours away and stayed for a week. I would just be careful. Watch were you park especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment