Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can I drive a rental car?

If someone over 25 (say my parents) were to rent a vehicle (I'm from Canada), are there ANY Canadian rental agencies which will allow underage drivers? I know most of them say 25+ or an extra charge for 21-24, but most if not all will say that officially.





I am currently 19, and as of a few days ago, I have 3 years of driving experience (since I received my learners permit, held for 12 months, I now hold a full license, have had it for the past 2 years). I do not have a SINGLE TICKET or COLLISION on my driving record, it is completely squeaky clean, and I own a vehicle of my own. I also have 2 major credit cards in my name.





My question is, has anyone ever experienced a case where a rental location allows an ADDITIONAL DRIVER with the same or similar case as mine to be added to the rental agreement? I know they can easily have a driver's record checked. If I call the call centre, they will go by the book, but can a rental location manager override that?Can I drive a rental car?
I worked for a enterprise around Pittsburgh PA and I drove there cars, truck, vans, and SUV's around all the time. BUT, I could not rent out a vehicle because I was 19-20 at the time. The only way that they would let you get a vehicle without the under age fee would be if you got hit by someone in another vehicle and you need something to drive around you insurance would cover all of the extra fees.





But as for getting a local manager to override that fee would be really hard because he gets paid for charging you that fee and he would be in it deep if he let you go with out that fee and you did have something happen to the vehicle. But it is not imposable for him to write off that fee.





Just keep this in mind that if the car rental place has alot of vehicles on there lot then they might make a deal with you because they lose money when ever there vehicles are not on the road. And if the rental place is losing money then the manager is losing money.Can I drive a rental car?
Nope


I tried this I'm 20


and my parents are in their 50's and they were told strictly that they could not lend me the care at any given moment (I've had my license since I was 16, so 4yrs experience and as well SQUEAKY CLEAN) not a single ticket


and I asked how can I rent a car then and they said you cant, 25 and up
enterprise is usually pretty good, Budget allows as well
TRY AVIS - YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RENT A VEHICLE AS AN ADDITIONAL DRIVER AS LONG AS YOU HAVE YOUR OWN INSURANCE POLICY
Check out enterprise rent a car. Ive rented one twice under 22 years old. I think they sould let you. Call and see what you would have to do. You might have to have a parent be the primary.
Unfortunatley not!
let parents rent it and dont tell...shhhhh
No. Must be 21+ or 25+ depending on the company or the state. They take license imprints to add additional drivers.
  • your cosmetics
  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment