Sunday, August 22, 2010

Am I entitled to $ from insurance company since I didn't use rental car?

Hi,


My car was a total loss and the insurance company approved several days use of a rental car for me @ $20 per day. I didn't use the rental car at all, I was able to get rides from friends. Am I entitled to that money?


I live int he north east US.


ThanksAm I entitled to $ from insurance company since I didn't use rental car?
No, Unfortunately not.....








We are talking about Insurance co. here......... They are here to steal money any and every way possible....Am I entitled to $ from insurance company since I didn't use rental car?
the name of the coverage that got approved, was ';rental reimbursement coverage';. If you didn't rent, you aren't entitled to be reimbursed. BUT, if you took a bus or a taxi or paid gas money to someone for a ride, you could submit THOSE receipts to be reimbursed.





Have ';Friends'; write you out a receipt for each ride.
You maybe eligible since in lieu of them paying you $20 a day, you saved them money by using the help of friends/family.





Most companies will reimburse you around $10 per day for not renting a car for just that reason. It saves them money and you get paid vs a rental company. So say for instance they approved a rental for you for 3 days, they would reimburse you $30.





I did that all the time when i handled claims in an insurance company.





call them and find out; good luck
Insurance is intended to indemnify you for your loss. If the insurance company paid you for the rental you would end up profiting from the claim.
No. Had you used a rental car then you could have claimed whatever it costs. You could try putting a claim for expenses incurred in paying your friend for lifts but he would need to give you a receipt.
No, you don't get the money. You were offered the rental car, and you did not avail yourself of the offer. Rather silly on your part. You do not get money in lieu.
No!





(If you insured your home's belonging against theft, and nobody stole anything, would THAT entitle you to money from the insurance company? LOL!)
email me and I will tell you how to get your $20/day from the insurance company.
No. You were entitled to $20 toward a rental car, not cash.
That's funny.
nope...sorry. in cases like this its use it or lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment