Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm from california and I got parking ticket at Ottawa on my rental car. Should I pay or not?

I believe a parking ticket in Ottawa is insignificant for someone in a rental car visiting from California. I got a speeding ticket in Oregon last month while visiting from Texas. You can bet I paid IT as soon as I returned home.I'm from california and I got parking ticket at Ottawa on my rental car. Should I pay or not?
It will be paid by you, whether you like it or not. The ticket will go to the rental company. They will pay it. They will then charge your credit card for the ticket, plus an admin fee on top of that. Read your rental contract. It's all spelled out plainly. You don't have a choice in the matter.I'm from california and I got parking ticket at Ottawa on my rental car. Should I pay or not?
If you do the crime, do the time -----------Pay your fine and


don't besmirch us in the eyes of our Canadian friends and neighbors.
Which is better for you? Don't pay and worry about it for the rest of your life? Or pay it and work hard for the rest of your life to earn back the fine?
Yes, you should pay it.
Obviously they have no jurisdiction in America to force you to pay your bill. If it was a Canadian rental car, the rental car company is likely going to come after you if you don't. If you were in an american car, they should know better to ticket you.
Yes, because if you don't and the car rental company discovers it they will charge your card on file and pay it....so either way it will get paid.
trust me, it will get traced back to you dude. foster good international relations between the u.s. and canada and just pay the ticket.
It will be traced back to you by the rental company and charged to your credit card.


But the main point here is: since you parked in the wrong place, shouldn't you do what honest people do and pay the ticket?
Honestly, the choice is up to you... however, they can add to the fine, and it's not in USD (U.S. Dollar), it's probably in Canadien Currency. Pay the fine. If not, you could get a visit from a Mountie (Canadien Police)
Pay it...... If you used a credit card to rent the car, the rental agency will pay for the ticket and then bill your credit card for the price of the ticket plus an administrative fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment