Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rental Car for a 16 year old?

If my dad were to rent a car, would it be legal for me, (his 16 year old daughter) to drive it? Or do i have to be 18?Rental Car for a 16 year old?
Only if the rental company will allow you to be listed on the contract as an authorized driver. However, most rental companies will not allow a 16 year old to be listed. The few that do - may require you to take out the Loss Damage Waiver that costs 16-20 per day.





You will have to ask the rental company.Rental Car for a 16 year old?
You have to be 25 years old just to even be able to drive a rental car. I don't think you need to be 25 to be able to rent a car because I've rented cars before I turned 25 but I do remember that we had to be 25 years old to legally drive it. My husband (boyfriend at the time) also rented a car before he turned 25 but I had to sign that I was going to be the only one driving the car because I was over 25. This was in California and in Hawaii. Don't know about other states though.





But at 16, I highly doubt you could legally drive a rental car in any state.
No, it would not be legal. The only person allowed to drive a rental car is the person who rented it. I believe that you can add other drivers, but for an additional charge. But I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 in order to drive them.
Depending on the reason for the rental, and the company you go through will make a difference. I know that Enterprise will rent to people under 21, but there is a surcharge and it is only for insurance reasons. good luck.
To drive a rental car they require you to be 21. If they insured it the insurance will not cover you. If dad has you on his insurance you are covered for the family car not the rental.
Not going to happen. You have to be at least 21 to drive a rental car, with some companies the age is 25.
No, you must be 22 to rent or use a rental vehicle
Nope, can't do it

No comments:

Post a Comment