Thursday, August 19, 2010

Where should I park my rental car while in Rome for the day that's safe and won't be vandalized.?

I'm told it's not wise to drive in Rome so I need to know where I can park my car that will be safe and still be close to all the main attractions.Where should I park my rental car while in Rome for the day that's safe and won't be vandalized.?
My last visit to Rome we had a rental. If you're using europcar or others in the area they offer really good full coverage on the car. We had to take our chances and park on a side street. Don't leave Anything visible in your car. There are some parking garages that charge aprox. 3-5 euro for the day but still no guarantee your stuff will be there when you return.


As far as Main attractions........there are quite a few scattered all over Rome. Be prepared to do LOTS of walking.


Carry a water bottle with you, there's public fountains all over the area and the water is the best i've ever had.


It's very congested anywhere you drive in the bigger citys of Italy and lots of tourists get involved in accidents there.Where should I park my rental car while in Rome for the day that's safe and won't be vandalized.?
Park it like, it your staying at a hotel, you would park it in a parking garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment