Thursday, August 19, 2010

Need help with traveling issues like rental car, where to stay, how to get there....?

Hey I know that I've posted alot about going to Chicago but I need one more thing. I'm planning on flying out there but when I get there I can't get a rental car becaue I'm only 20. I'll be staying with a friend but he might have to work a bit while i'm there and I dont know if he is able to drive me around to see the city. Any advice at all would work. I would love to just drive there too but by myself that is a long drive and can be expensive. (i live in Northern Colorado, almost 1000miles from chicago) Any thoughts at all would really really really help!!!Need help with traveling issues like rental car, where to stay, how to get there....?
The big question is, where does your friend live? If he is in the city, it's no problem you can just take the bus or L. Buy an L card and check out the site: www.transitchicago.com





If he is in the 'burbs, you can catch the metra downtown and then you are set, but you will need a ride to/from the metra stop near his house. www.metrarail.com





Also, it is hard to rent a car if you are %26lt;25, but not impossible. You might just have to search a little more. If your friend lives in the city, skip the car, it will be a pain to try and park.Need help with traveling issues like rental car, where to stay, how to get there....?
Unlike some other cities we have a pretty good public transportation system. You can pretty much get anywhere on a bus or train. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can check them out on line, cta.
I agree...check out transitchicago.com for public transportion info or ask your friend. There are trains that take you from both airports to downtown. Enterprise rents to people who are 20 but they do charge extra fees. I am not sure if other car companies do as well but you could look into it. It will be hard to park downtown probably though so I wouldnt do it if your friend lives downtown.


I just came back from Colorado...went skiing out there..it was amazing! I loved it!


Hope this helps out some???

No comments:

Post a Comment