Thursday, August 19, 2010

Returned our rental car on July 4th to Dollar at Orlando Airport. There was no damage and we received a check

in receipt. Today we received a letter stating that we owe $931.00 for damages to the vehicle. There were pictures and the date on the pictures were a few weeks later. What do I do? We returned the vehicle with no damage.Returned our rental car on July 4th to Dollar at Orlando Airport. There was no damage and we received a check
The same thing happened to me. Because my personal auto insurance extended to the rental vehicle and On the advice of my auto insurance agent, I contacted my auto insurance claims office and they acted on my behalf. They wrote a letter to the rental company asking to see the rental records for that car from when I turned it in up to the present. The idea here, of course is that someone who rented that car damaged it after I turned it in. These records were of course were never furnished by the rental car company so nothing more ever became of it. I'm willing to bet that many people who rented that car got the same letter you got. They are hoping that one of the people who rented it will cough up the $931.00. Their post rental inspection failed to find the damage and now they are seeing what the ';traffic will bear';Returned our rental car on July 4th to Dollar at Orlando Airport. There was no damage and we received a check
I would definitely questions this scenario. If the photos were dated weeks later, where was the vehicle during that down time.





I was in this situation once where I had rented a convertible mustang. After returning it, them doing the once over I got a call almost 1 month later stating the convertible top was broken %26amp; I was liable. Long story short, it had been sitting in their yard all this time. I called their corporate office and complained about it, they apologized %26amp; I never heard from them again. Funny thing, we had rain that weekend I rented it %26amp; never got to put the top down on it!
Write to the rental car company, request the records for the vehicle you rented, from the date you turned it in untill the date on the pictuers the car rental company provided you. Send the letter (:certified, receipt requested'; to the person that sent you the letter). You probably won't get them. If it doesn't stop there, take them to small claims court for harassment.
Call them and inform them the damage isn't yours, and the date on the pictures, being 3 weeks or so after return, wouldn't hold up as evidence if they were to sue for the damages. Next day, maybe, but not 3 weeks later.
I'll go there and kill them. He...he...just kidding. Write them a letter and explain the condition when you returned the car. If they made up the scenario, just ask them to go to the court.
  • your cosmetics
  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment