Monday, August 16, 2010

Do I have to pay my parking ticket if its in a rental car,I didnt give any of my information?

You rented a car and didnt give any information? I find this hard to believe because in the U.S. a valid drivers liscense is required and then recorded before you actualy ever get in the car.Do I have to pay my parking ticket if its in a rental car,I didnt give any of my information?
Of course you do, the ticket is for the violation......the car didn't park itself, you parked it.





The ticket will be logged to the car license plate or registration number and that will lead to the car hire company.


Their records will show you had the car at the time so it will find you in the end.Do I have to pay my parking ticket if its in a rental car,I didnt give any of my information?
all of these good honest souls on here...pay the ticket...it's the christian thing.....if you don't pay the ticket, the terrorist win. Bullshit! Don't pay it, and if the hertz tries to charge you for it, use Avis!
so your trying to tell me some rental company gave you a car just like that? what are you, an idiot?
I think you are obligated to pay, it will be explained in your rental agreement what you are responsible for while driving the rental.
Yes.
Yes you do. What happens when you blow off the ticket, the agency that wrote the ticket tracks down the owner of the car. The car owner, the rental agency, then pays the ticket. However, at least in California, the rental agency is then legally allowed the recover their damages from you.





Most of the time, using your credit card info they'll mail you a nasty letter demanding the amount of the ticket, including the late fees they had to pay. If you don't pay that, they may sue you or charge your credit card for the amount.





And if you drove the car and your friend rented it, and he gets the letter, he can charge (or sue you) for the amount of the fine.





Don't blow off the ticket. Just pay it before the late fees kick in and it gets very expensive. I've seen people's credit ruined over stuff like this. And if you live internationally, your credit card will still get dinged.
When car rental companies as you for a credit card, this is one of the reasons.





When they find out about this parking ticket, if it's not paid they will take it off your credit card with a small fee added probably.
well if you didnt give them any info, i guess you're off the hook, but technically you should because you were the one driving the car.(even if it was a rental)
probably not. but you should.
Did you commit the offense for which the ticket was issued? It seems to me that it is only good morals and honesty that dictate whether or not the ticket should be paid. Are you honest? Do you have good morals?
  • your cosmetics
  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment